Conhost.exe Miner Virus – How to Remove It
Conhost.exe is a Trojan that misuses the power of your CPU to mine digital currency that passes the name of Monero. It is downloaded into some concealed folder and afterward released. You begin seeing unfavorable results today, as all of your computer resources are going into the mining process. So accomplishing anything meaningful throughout the day ends up being harder than it has any kind of right to be, and the life of your hardware gets reduced.
If you see the Conhost.exe process in Task Manage, you can be specific about your system being jeopardized by this specific risk. Removing it is vital, as the symptoms will not disappear on their own, and this can be performed with a program like GridinSoft Anti-Malware or Trojan Killer. Our site gives a handbook that can be used to run away from that circumstance, so your initiatives should eventually offer you the results you require. Once they do, keep your security software updated and running regularly, as new malware versions are frequently released, and you do not want your PC to become a sufferer of them.
This objective can be accomplished with a program like GridinSoft Anti-Malware, which is a powerful tool that was specifically created to take care of different types of dangers consisting of these. A manual on just how to utilize it is supplied below the short article, so there is no demand to stress over slipping up. Also, if it is the first time you must resolve an issue like that. Once this malware has been removed from the COMPUTER, ensure to protect it moving forward by steering clear of dubious websites, only installing those web browser extensions or plugins that you are certain concerning, trying just to download and install files as well as gushes from reputable sources, and selecting Custom installment when putting new programs on the computer.
Symptoms of Conhost virus
As Conhost.exe does not display a window and also calmly runs in the history, many individuals do not even understand that they are contaminated. The only genuine method to spot a Conhost.exe is to become dubious based upon the complying with signs and symptoms as well as begin looking in the task manager for unidentified processes.
- You will see tasks running in the task manager using 50% or more of the CPU for an extended period.
- You will see executable files in the task manager that have a name like .
- Windows minimize and maximize slowly, games run slower, and video clips stutter.
- Programs do not run as rapidly.
- Programs become unresponsive.
- Task Manager shows higher than 50% CPU usage regularly.
- General slowness when using the PC.
How to remove Conhost.exe?
If you decide to use the removal tool, all you need to do is to follow the next steps:
Step 1. Download and install the Conhost.exe removal tool from the link below.
The installation process is straightforward. To proceed, you need to choose the “Installation folder” and press the “Install” button. The installation process will begin.
Step 2. Run the scan of your PC.
NOTE: Before you start to scan your computer, CLOSE ALL ACTIVE BROWSER WINDOWS at this time.
After the installation, start the program. Whenever you run this antivirus, it will start an automatic standard scan of your computer. You will have 5 seconds to cancel the scan if you don’t need it. Otherwise, the scan will begin automatically. There are other ways to start scanning manually. Just press the “Scan” tab and then left-click on “Full scan” or another kind of scan you need. Full scan is adviced, but due to performance problems because of the virus, you may also choose “Quick scan”.
After the start of the scanning process, you will see the screen with a progress bar and alerts that will show you what kind of malicious files Anti-Malware found during the scan and the exact location of it.
Step 3. Apply actions to Conhost.exe infected files.
NOTE: To be able to remove detected items you need to purchase a license. This program has FREE tools available that will help you in most cases (Go to STEP 4) and works as a FREE scanner. The removal function removes 50% of detected items by choosing the most dangerous from them.
When the scanning process of your PC is finished, Anti-Malware will show you all threats found on your PC and a list of actions that you can Apply to them. First, you can select what kind of action you want to Apply to this malware. Then, press the “Fix now” button to produce action and delete all threats.
Step 4. Reset your browser settings.
NOTE: This operation will close all instances of selected browsers. Any unsaved changes will be lost. Please, save all work in progress before you continue.
When you eliminated Conhost.exe we strongly recommend you to reset your browser settings. You can go to the “Tools” tab and press the “Reset browser settings” button.
NOTE: This function is FREE to use in all program versions and will help you in most cases.
You will see the window with options. You can choose what Internet browser and the exact options you want to reset.
How to prevent the Conhost.exe infection:
Removing the malware from your PC is a good thing. But it doesn’t mean you will be protected from repeated infection. The best way to deal with this adware is not to get infected in the first place. If you want to prevent the infection, follow the simple tip below:
- Do not install free applications from unreliable websites!
- If you did download this kind of program, select custom installation and remove any tick in the checkbox that seems questionable.
- Use an anti-virus software on your PC.
- Scan your Computer at least once a week.
Also, you can activate the On-run protection in Anti-Malware. To do that, go to the “Protection” tab and press the “Start” button to the right of the label.
If you consider yourself a skilled user, you can try to delete this adware on your own. When you manually eliminate adware, we must remind you that all the unexpected consequences and risks lie to you and you alone. So let’s begin!
Manual removal guide for Conhost.exe:
Removing Conhost.exe should be your main concern. First, you must delete this add-on as software from your PC. After cleaning all the folders, you’ll be able to begin cleaning up the web browser. Before removing Conhost.exe pop-ups, it’s necessary to reset the web browser. If you are still thinking about the manual removal of Conhost.exe malware, follow the steps below:
Step 1. Remove Conhost.exe from your PC.
To delete Conhost.exe from your computer, you can find the “Uninstall the program” tool on your Operation System.
- Windows 8/10: Right-click on Start – Quick Access Menu – Control Panel – Uninstall a program. You will see the list of programs and software installed on your PC. Find “Conhost.exe”, click on it and press ‘Uninstall”
- Windows 7: Click on Start – Control Panel – Uninstall a program. You will see the list of programs and software installed on your PC. Right-click on “Conhost.exe” and press ‘Uninstall”.
- Windows XP: Click on Start – Control Panel – Add/Remove Programs. Similar windows with the list of programs will show you. Right-click on “Conhost.exe” and press “Remove”
Sometimes it may not be an easy task to locate a Conhost.exe virus as an installed program. It may not be a program or mask itself by another name. In these cases, use the removal tool to avoid any mistakes and complications.
Step 2. Browser setting reset guide
After you remove the Conhost.exe, you will need to reset browser settings. To do it, follow the tips below:
- If you have Google Chrome Browser go to the “Settings” tab and press “Show advanced settings”. At the bottom of the page, click on the “Reset settings” button.
- For the Mozilla Firefox press the “Refresh Firefox” button in the right top corner.
- Opera users can reset settings by deleting “Operapref.ini file” in folder “C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Opera\Opera\”.
- For Internet Explorer users, open the “Tools” menu, then click “Internet options”. In the next window, click the “Advanced” button and then press “Reset”.
If the manual removal guide didn’t work for you or it worked with unwanted consequences, we strongly recommend you install the automatic Conhost.exe removal tool and follow the steps from Automatic removal guide for Conhost.exe . You can find this guide higher. Use the link below to download the particular tool.
We hope this guide helped you with your problem. If you have any questions about Conhost.exe or you have some thoughts about viruses that you’d like to share, please, leave a comment below. We will be happy to assist you.