Hades is considered as an adware and a potentially unwanted program. It is a simple application that installs as an extension to such browsers as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera. It uses email services to break into the system, as an attached file or a viral link inside of a spam message. But the most effective way is to be wrapped in the installation of another cost-free program, users often forgetting to remove a tick from some checkbox during the installation of such freeware. Once Hades is in, it will start to generate advertisements, forcing you to click on them. If you do, you will be rerouted to a potentially viral website.
Keeping this adware in your system is a threat to your privacy and safety. We advise you to eliminate Hades extension as soon as you can. Use our removal guide below to do that, it will help you to locate and deal with this threat.
How to remove Hades Adware extension?
Removing this extension manually should not be a great problem for a skilled user. Check our Manual removal Guide for Hades adware extension below. In this case, all the unexpected consequences are on you and you alone.
But better safe, that sorry. That is why we recommend you to use a specific removal tool called Trojan Killer. It can detect and remove Hades extension and all other malicious programs in your computer.
Automatic removal guide for Hades Adware extension:
If you decided to use the removal tool, all you need to do is to follow the next steps:
Step 1. Download and install Hades removal tool from the link below.
The installation process is quite simple, you can choose the language you prefer most, before the process itself. After, you can choose the exact path where anti-virus will be installed. Press “Next” button to proceed and installation process will begin.
Step 2. Run the scan of your PC.
NOTE: Before you start to scan your computer, CLOSE ALL ACTIVE BROWSER WINDOWS on this time. After the installation, start the program. Every time when you run this anti-virus it will start an automatic standard scan of your computer. You will have 5 seconds to cancel the scan if you don’t need it. Otherwise, the scan will begin. There are other ways to start scan manually. Just Press on “Scan” tab and than left-click on “Standard scan” or another kind of scan you need. After the start of scanning process you will see the screen with progress bar and alerts, that will show you what kind of malware Trojan Killer found during the scan and the exact location of it.
Step 3. Apply actions to Hades Adware extension infected files.
When the scanning process of your PC will be finished, Trojan Killer will show you all threats that were found on your PC and a list of actions, that you can Apply to them. First, you can select what kind of action you want to Apply to this malware. Then, press “Apply” button to produce action and delete all threats.
Step 4. Reset you browser settings.
NOTE: This operation will close all instances of selected browsers. Any unsaved changes will be lost. Please, save all work in progress before you continue. When you eliminated Hades Adware extension as a program, we strongly recommend you to reset your browser settings. For that, you can go to “Tools” tab and press “Reset browser settings” button. You will see the window with options. You can choose what Internet browser and the exact options you want to reset.
How to prevent the Hades infection:
Removing the malware from your PC is a good thing. But it doesn’t mean that you will be protected from the repeated infection. The best way to deal with this malware is to not get infected in the first place. If you want to prevent the infection follow the simple tip below:
- Do not install free applications from unreliable websites!
- If you did download this kind of program, select custom installation and remove any tick in the checkbox that seems questionable.
- Use an anti-virus software on your PC.
- Scan your Computer at least once a week.
Also, you can activate the Real-time protection in Trojan Killer anti-virus. To do that, go to the “Protection” tab and press “Start” button to the right of the label. If you consider yourself a skilled user, you can try to delete this adware on your own. We must remind you when you eliminate adware manually, all the unexpected consequences and risks are lying on you and you alone. So let’s begin!
Manual removal guide for Hades Adware extension:
Removing Hades should be your main concern. First, you must delete this add-on as a software from your PC. Right after cleaning all of the folders you’ll be able to begin cleaning up the web browser. Before removing Hades pop-ups, it’s necessary to totally reset the web browser. If you still thinking about manual removal of Hades malware, follow these steps below:
Step 1. Remove Hades from your PC.
To delete Hades Adware extension from your computer, you can find the “Uninstall the program” tool on your Operation System.
- Windows 8/8.1: Right-click on Start – Quick Access Menu – Control Panel – Uninstall a program. You will see the list of programs and software, that is installed on your PC. Find “Hades”, click on it and press ‘Uninstall”
- Windows 7: Click on Start – Control Panel – Uninstall a program. You will see the list of programs and software, that is installed on your PC. Right-click on “Hades” and press ‘Uninstall”.
- Windows XP: Click on Start – Control Panel – Add/Remove Programs. Similar windows with the list of programs will show you. Right-click on “Hades” and press “Remove”
Step 2. Browser setting reset guide
After you removed the Hades Adware extension you will need to reset browser settings. To do it, follow the tips below:
- If you have Google Chrome Browser go to the “Settings” tab and press “Show advanced settings”. In the bottom of the page click in “Reset settings” button.
- For the Mozilla Firefox press the “Refresh Firefox” button in the right top corner.
- Opera users can reset settings by deleting “Operapref.ini file” in folder “C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Opera\Opera\”.
- For Internet Explorer users open “Tools” menu, than click “Internet options”. In the next window click “Advanced” button and than press “Reset”.
If the manual removal guide didn’t work for you or it worked with unwanted consequences we strongly recommend you to install the automatic Hades removal tool and follow the steps from Automatic removal guide for Hades Adware extension. You can find this guide higher. Use the link below to download the particular tool. We hope this guide helped you with your problem. If you have any questions about Hades Adware extension or you have some thoughts about viruses, that you’d liked to share, please, leave a comment below. We will be happy to assist you.