The ico.exe operation relates to a Trojan Horse penetration. It violates popular digital currency making trouble for its owners. Computer’s resources with infection really help in doing this. Indeed, user does not realize anything, until something horrible comes out. There are several ways for invasion. Let’s have a look on the most common for this type of computer threat.
You can face ico.exe attached to different cost-free software. Usually, users download it without their direct intention. They fail to read installation requirements and obtain this miner as a bonus.
ico.exe intrudes system’s processes as soon as it gets access to it. First things first, it must disrupt the work of CPU, steal all graphics card power, and get you going. The situation becomes miserable when you are ready to throw your device not because it is outdated, but exhausted. Can you imagine that the process of disruption may be stopped easily. The only thing you need to do is scanning your system with GridinSoft Anti-Malware tool. It will take care of your device, delete all unwanted apps, and reset your infected browser.
Check the symptoms, ico.exe typically causes:
- CPU and graphic cards use too much power.
- Programs need more time for loading.
- Your computer works slower.
- There are problems with programs’ launch.
How to remove ico.exe?
If you decided to use the removal tool, all you need to do is to follow the next steps:
Step 1. Download and install ico.exe removal tool from the link below.
The installation process is very simple, you need to choose the “Installation folder” and press “Install” button to proceed, the installation process will begin.
Step 2. Run the scan of your PC.
NOTE: Before you start to scan your computer, CLOSE ALL ACTIVE BROWSER WINDOWS on this time.
After the installation, start the program. Every time when you run this anti-virus it will start an automatic standard scan of your computer. You will have 5 seconds to cancel the scan if you don’t need it. Otherwise, the scan will begin automatically. There are other ways to start scan manually. Just Press on “Scan” tab and than left-click on “Full scan” or another kind of scan you need. Full scan is adviced, but due to performance problems because of the virus you may also choose “Quick scan”.
After the start of scanning process you will see the screen with progress bar and alerts, that will show you what kind malicious files Anti-Malware found during the scan and the exact location of it.
Step 3. Apply actions to ico.exe infected files.
NOTE: To be able to remove detected items you need to purchace a license. This program has FREE tools available, that will help you in most cases (Go to STEP 4) and works as a FREE scanner. The removal function removes 50% of detected items by choosing most dangerous from them.
When the scanning process of your PC will be finished, Anti-Malware will show you all threats that were found on your PC and a list of actions, that you can Apply to them. First, you can select what kind of action you want to Apply to this malware. Then, press “Fix now” button to produce action and delete all threats.
Step 4. Reset you browser settings.
NOTE: This operation will close all instances of selected browsers. Any unsaved changes will be lost. Please, save all work in progress before you continue.
When you eliminated ico.exe we strongly recommend you to reset your browser settings. For that, you can go to “Tools” tab and press “Reset browser settings” button.
NOTE: This function is FREE to use in all version of program and will help you in most cases.
You will see the window with options. You can choose what Internet browser and the exact options you want to reset.
How to prevent the ico.exe infection:
Removing the malware from your PC is a good thing. But it doesn’t mean that you will be protected from the repeated infection. The best way to deal with this adware is to not get infected in the first place. If you want to prevent the infection follow the simple tip below:
- Do not install free applications from unreliable websites!
- If you did download this kind of program, select custom installation and remove any tick in the checkbox that seems questionable.
- Use an anti-virus software on your PC.
- Scan your Computer at least once a week.
Also, you can activate the On-run protection in Anti-Malware. To do that, go to the “Protection” tab and press “Start” button to the right of the label.
If you consider yourself a skilled user, you can try to delete this adware on your own. We must remind you when you eliminate adware manually, all the unexpected consequences and risks are lying on you and you alone. So let’s begin!
Manual removal guide for ico.exe:
Removing ico.exe should be your main concern. First, you must delete this add-on as a software from your PC. Right after cleaning all of the folders you’ll be able to begin cleaning up the web browser. Before removing ico.exe pop-ups, it’s necessary to totally reset the web browser. If you still thinking about manual removal of ico.exe malware, follow these steps below:
Step 1. Remove ico.exe from your PC.
To delete ico.exe from your computer, you can find the “Uninstall the program” tool on your Operation System.
- Windows 8/10: Right-click on Start – Quick Access Menu – Control Panel – Uninstall a program. You will see the list of programs and software, that is installed on your PC. Find “ico.exe”, click on it and press ‘Uninstall”
- Windows 7: Click on Start – Control Panel – Uninstall a program. You will see the list of programs and software, that is installed on your PC. Right-click on “ico.exe” and press ‘Uninstall”.
- Windows XP: Click on Start – Control Panel – Add/Remove Programs. Similar windows with the list of programs will show you. Right-click on “ico.exe” and press “Remove”
Sometimes it may be not an easy task to locate ico.exe virus as installed program, it may not be a program at all or mask itself by another name. In these cases use the removal tool to avoid any mistakes and complications.
Step 2. Browser setting reset guide
After you removed the ico.exe you will need to reset browser settings. To do it, follow the tips below:
- If you have Google Chrome Browser go to the “Settings” tab and press “Show advanced settings”. In the bottom of the page click in “Reset settings” button.
- For the Mozilla Firefox press the “Refresh Firefox” button in the right top corner.
- Opera users can reset settings by deleting “Operapref.ini file” in folder “C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Opera\Opera\”.
- For Internet Explorer users open “Tools” menu, than click “Internet options”. In the next window click “Advanced” button and than press “Reset”.
If the manual removal guide didn’t work for you or it worked with unwanted consequences we strongly recommend you to install the automatic ico.exe removal tool and follow the steps from Automatic removal guide for ico.exe . You can find this guide higher. Use the link below to download the particular tool.
We hope this guide helped you with your problem. If you have any questions about ico.exe or you have some thoughts about viruses, that you’d liked to share, please, leave a comment below. We will be happy to assist you.