winsrc.exe is malicious software that is used with fraudulent purposes by hijacking virus software in a private computer. Its main task is crypto currency mining implementation at someone else’s expense. We tend to classify this particular computer threat as a potentially unwanted application (PUA). It haunts Bitcoin, Monero, DarkNetCoin, and some others. Continue reading the information below to know how to eliminate the winsrc.exe Trojan fast and effectively.
As usual, winsrc.exe gets to your device with free programs. On the one hand, you can easily download it online and have no idea about this. The miner is bundled with software, so you obtain it having no guess. On the other hand, your current anti-virus can be too weak to detect and delete such kind of threat.
Adware tools, and winsrc.exe is one of them, use the CPU’s power for own needs. They don’t hurry up to inform you about that. You note that computer works not as quick as usually. Then, large number of pop-ups appear in different parts of the screen. And in the end, the threat kills your processor with its negative affect. People blame appliance manufacturers, but the real problem is in malicious software on your computer. However, you shouldn’t be upset too much, we will teach you how to solve this unpleasant situation. Use our recommended anti-malware tools as it is shown beneath, and forget about that.
winsrc.exe provokes following symptoms:
- CPU loses its power and slowly dies.
- You wait too long while loading process.
- Launch runs extremely slow.
- You doubt about the anti-virus reliability.
How to remove winsrc.exe?
If you decided to use the removal tool, all you need to do is to follow the next steps:
Step 1. Download and install winsrc.exe removal tool from the link below.
The installation process is very simple, you need to choose the “Installation folder” and press “Install” button to proceed, the installation process will begin.
Step 2. Run the scan of your PC.
NOTE: Before you start to scan your computer, CLOSE ALL ACTIVE BROWSER WINDOWS on this time.
After the installation, start the program. Every time when you run this anti-virus it will start an automatic standard scan of your computer. You will have 5 seconds to cancel the scan if you don’t need it. Otherwise, the scan will begin automatically. There are other ways to start scan manually. Just Press on “Scan” tab and than left-click on “Full scan” or another kind of scan you need. Full scan is adviced, but due to performance problems because of the virus you may also choose “Quick scan”.
After the start of scanning process you will see the screen with progress bar and alerts, that will show you what kind malicious files Anti-Malware found during the scan and the exact location of it.
Step 3. Apply actions to winsrc.exe infected files.
NOTE: To be able to remove detected items you need to purchace a license. This program has FREE tools available, that will help you in most cases (Go to STEP 4) and works as a FREE scanner. The removal function removes 50% of detected items by choosing most dangerous from them.
When the scanning process of your PC will be finished, Anti-Malware will show you all threats that were found on your PC and a list of actions, that you can Apply to them. First, you can select what kind of action you want to Apply to this malware. Then, press “Fix now” button to produce action and delete all threats.
Step 4. Reset you browser settings.
NOTE: This operation will close all instances of selected browsers. Any unsaved changes will be lost. Please, save all work in progress before you continue.
When you eliminated winsrc.exe we strongly recommend you to reset your browser settings. For that, you can go to “Tools” tab and press “Reset browser settings” button.
NOTE: This function is FREE to use in all version of program and will help you in most cases.
You will see the window with options. You can choose what Internet browser and the exact options you want to reset.
How to prevent the winsrc.exe infection:
Removing the malware from your PC is a good thing. But it doesn’t mean that you will be protected from the repeated infection. The best way to deal with this adware is to not get infected in the first place. If you want to prevent the infection follow the simple tip below:
- Do not install free applications from unreliable websites!
- If you did download this kind of program, select custom installation and remove any tick in the checkbox that seems questionable.
- Use an anti-virus software on your PC.
- Scan your Computer at least once a week.
Also, you can activate the On-run protection in Anti-Malware. To do that, go to the “Protection” tab and press “Start” button to the right of the label.
If you consider yourself a skilled user, you can try to delete this adware on your own. We must remind you when you eliminate adware manually, all the unexpected consequences and risks are lying on you and you alone. So let’s begin!
Manual removal guide for winsrc.exe:
Removing winsrc.exe should be your main concern. First, you must delete this add-on as a software from your PC. Right after cleaning all of the folders you’ll be able to begin cleaning up the web browser. Before removing winsrc.exe pop-ups, it’s necessary to totally reset the web browser. If you still thinking about manual removal of winsrc.exe malware, follow these steps below:
Step 1. Remove winsrc.exe from your PC.
To delete winsrc.exe from your computer, you can find the “Uninstall the program” tool on your Operation System.
- Windows 8/10: Right-click on Start – Quick Access Menu – Control Panel – Uninstall a program. You will see the list of programs and software, that is installed on your PC. Find “winsrc.exe”, click on it and press ‘Uninstall”
- Windows 7: Click on Start – Control Panel – Uninstall a program. You will see the list of programs and software, that is installed on your PC. Right-click on “winsrc.exe” and press ‘Uninstall”.
- Windows XP: Click on Start – Control Panel – Add/Remove Programs. Similar windows with the list of programs will show you. Right-click on “winsrc.exe” and press “Remove”
Sometimes it may be not an easy task to locate winsrc.exe virus as installed program, it may not be a program at all or mask itself by another name. In these cases use the removal tool to avoid any mistakes and complications.
Step 2. Browser setting reset guide
After you removed the winsrc.exe you will need to reset browser settings. To do it, follow the tips below:
- If you have Google Chrome Browser go to the “Settings” tab and press “Show advanced settings”. In the bottom of the page click in “Reset settings” button.
- For the Mozilla Firefox press the “Refresh Firefox” button in the right top corner.
- Opera users can reset settings by deleting “Operapref.ini file” in folder “C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Opera\Opera\”.
- For Internet Explorer users open “Tools” menu, than click “Internet options”. In the next window click “Advanced” button and than press “Reset”.
If the manual removal guide didn’t work for you or it worked with unwanted consequences we strongly recommend you to install the automatic winsrc.exe removal tool and follow the steps from Automatic removal guide for winsrc.exe . You can find this guide higher. Use the link below to download the particular tool.
We hope this guide helped you with your problem. If you have any questions about winsrc.exe or you have some thoughts about viruses, that you’d liked to share, please, leave a comment below. We will be happy to assist you.